Friday, June 6, 2008

Crisp v. Shields I


"I charged the mound. I feigned it like I was going to go to first base, just to get Navarro off me a little bit, and just charged the mound. He tried to hit me with a haymaker. He missed. I threw a punch. I pretty much missed. And the rest, went down to the ground� like the scratches on my face were people trying to scratch like we were playing football or something, like little girls, trying to scratch out my eyes. I move one hand down, scratch me right here [points to scratch to the right of his nose].

After that, people were trying to pull my hair like little girls. Instead of throwing some real punches or something like that. I'm down on the ground, I mean the fight's pretty much over baseball-term wise. You wanna come in late, and throw some extra blows and get your little blows in, that's cool. I'll cover up. It's all good, trying to pull some hair. It's all right. It was between me and Shields that time and everybody tried to get their little blows in I think even more he was unsure if he really wanted to hit me or not it seemed like, but cause he didn't really hit me hard.

Big dude, what's his name Jonny Gomes, he tried to come in, a hefty dude, tried to throw some blows but I think Navarro, I credit him. And actually I credit Shields, too cause, even though we went at it, he hit me in the leg. He didn't try to hit me in the head so that's good. He didn't like try to kill me. Then I ran out there, then he tried to hit me in the head, so that's the way to go [laughing]. It is what it is now. I say tit for tat, I think I got the worst of it because I'm running out there and they can get to me before our guys can get to me to help."

These were the words of Coco Crisp after the brawl at Fenway last night. It was actually an amazing fight. Shields throws a haymaker that missed and Crisp tried to counter but missed as well. I must say that Shields did not attempt to run away or even duck... he went right after Crisp and I like that. Then Navarro (rays' catcher) tackles Crisp and Gomes tries to jump on him and throws repeated right hands at his head. It was all entertaining. I highly recommend at least three viewings today.

http://www.outincenterfield.com/blog/2008/06/fight_night.html

No comments: